Easy and gourmet dessert, this recipe for pan-fried apples, caramel cream and vanilla ice cream is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 apples (Granny Smith)
- 60 g of caster sugar
- 4 scoops of green apple ice cream
- 40g butter
- 4 cl of calvados
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tbsp. tablespoon of water
- 8 cl of liquid cream
Read also: health benefits and virtues of apples
- Wash the apples, hollow them out, cut them into quarters.
- Melt the butter in a pan. When it is frothy, place the apple quarters in it. Sprinkle with sugar, brown on both sides. Flambé with Calvados.
For the caramel:
- In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar. Cook until a nice blonde color is achieved. Off the heat, pour the liquid cream. Bring to a boil again. Mix.
- Serve the pan-fried apples with its creamy caramel and a scoop of ice cream!
Recipe: T. Debéthune, Photo: C. Herlédan